A TRADITION OF SUCCESS DEVELOPING CHAMPIONS OF TOMORROW
REEBOK INVITATIONAL MAY 27-30, 2010
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO: Wendell & Charlene Kwan, Reebok Brand Managers for Hawaii/Pacific Region and Ms. Barbara Brodhead, member of the Betty Brodhead Foundation, member of the UH Womens Athletic Board and long time Punahou School supporter have generously donated over $10,000.00 worth of prizes and merchandise in support of your upcoming Reebok/Sharks Invitational Showdown Basketball Tournament starting Thursday, May 27 thru May 30, 2010!
All players must submit the following before team’s first schedule game to participate:
1)Completed ROSTER and Waiver/ Release Form.
2)A copy of a school grade ID or grade confirmation
Rosters and School ID must be completed and turned in prior to the start of the team’s first scheduled game by May 19, 2010 for grade verification.Additions to the roster may be made before team’s second scheduled game.Only Players listed on the roster will participate.Exceptions requests limited to AAU age calculator as approved.
All teams must have matching color uniforms with legible numbers.
3-Ball Contest:Separate 3-Ball contest, $1 for 30 seconds will be held on Sunday, May 30, 2010. Game Rules
1) All NFHS rules will apply except for house rules.
2) Game will consist of two 16 minute halves for all divisions.
For D1(4/5) Grade it is full running clock (including time outs, inbounds and fouls); except once they go to brackets then stop on time outs and stop clock last 2 minutes.
For D2(6/7), D3(8/9) and D4(10/11/12), First half will be running time except for timeouts.Second half will be running time except for timeouts and last 2 minutes.During final round of playoffs, clock will also stop on all freethrows.
3) Overtime will be 2 minutes (running time).If a second overtime is needed, the first team to score 3 total points will be declared the winner.
4) 2-minute halftime.
5) Only 2 full timeouts per half. 1 full timeout for first overtime period.No timeouts during second overtime.No carryovers.
6) No minimum playing time.Free substitution.May double rooster only within the same Club; cannot play on different teams unless it is the same Club.
7) NO Dunking permitted during game play only.No dunking allowed during warm-ups and halftime.Any hanging on the rim or net will result in a technical foul and possible suspension from further participation in the tournament.
8) Technical fouls will not be tolerated.Any player who receives a technical foul will
have to be substituted for the ensuing possession and may return to the game.A second technical will result in an ejection from the game and possible suspension from further participation in the tournament upon discretion of the tournament director(s) and/or officials.
In the 8/9 and 10-12 Grade division, all technical fouls will result in two free throws attempts
for the opposing team.In the 4/5 and 6/7 division, all technical fouls will result in two points awarded to the opposing team.
9) HONOLULU SHARKS DIRECTORS AND/OR OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EJECT AND/OR SUSPEND ANY COACH, PLAYER AND/OR SPECTATOR FROM THE TOURNAMENT FOR ANY UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT AND ALTERCATIONS WITH THE OTHER TEAM, SPECTATORS, OFFICIALS, SCOREKEEPERS AND/OR LEAGUE DIRCTORS.Any violation of our rules results in disqualification of the Team.